As a Green Event we are encouraging carpooling!
** All vehicles must have a Horsetooth parking pass, you can either purchase a single day permit for $7 or buy the annual pass, $75 for residents or $90 for non-residents.
Entrance permits are required for all park use and the revenue generated from permit sales goes directly back into our parks and open spaces. Please support and use our amazing parks and purchase an annual permit!
Annual Permit Details :
- Permit is good for a year from the month of purchase
- Permit is transferable among vehicles registered to the same household
- No additional permit required for non-trailered watercraft (canoes, kayaks, belly boats, SUPs, etc., which are carried on or in a vehicle)
- Combination vehicle & boat trailer permit (one permit per trailer, not per boat)
For more information click here: Larimer County Permits
Driving Directions to Horsetooth Reservoir
From Fort Collins:
- From Harmony and Taft Hill Road turn west onto County Road 38E.
- Continue west on County Road 38E approximately 4 more miles to the entrance at the south end of the Reservoir. The entrance to South Bay (including campground, Group Pavilion, and swim beach) is at the south end of the reservoir. Watch for signs.
- From Highway 34 (Eisenhower) go north on Wilson. Wilson becomes Taft Hill Road in Fort Collins. Turn left (west) onto County Road 38E and continue west to the reservoir. Continue directions from #2 above.
- Take I-25 north to the Harmony Road/Timnath exit (#265).
- Turn left (west) continuing on Harmony Road for 7 miles where it becomes County Road 38E at the Taft Hill Road intersection.
- Continue directions from #3 above.